Our first winter family meal on a budget is from the brilliant Bel from Mums Take Five and it is a great one! I can’t wait to try it! Over to you Bel!
A cheap and cheerful meal only works for me if it is cheap, cheerful, uses whatever we already have and takes no time to prepare. This dish does exactly that. Perfect for a mid week meal when my time is better spent on homework or fun with my children.
There really isn’t a recipe as such just a preparation guide the rest is up to you.
- A large oven roasting tray
- Sausages. I’ve used a variety of types of sausages, I have even mixed it up and tried a couple a types at once.
- Vegetables. Any vegetables you have that can be roasted. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkins, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, beetroot, cauliflower, zucchini, capsicums. Anything you like. This is a great way to get rid everything you have sitting around.
- Seasoning and Oil. I tend to use Rosemary as it grows in my garden, crushed garlic and some oil drizzled on top. You can use whatever seasoning you prefer. You can use just salt and pepper if you wish but you will need a little oil so the Vegetables don’t dry out. Depending on your sausages most of them ooze oils whilst they cook.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Really simply, just chop up all your vegetables to similar sized pieces then toss in a little oil and your seasoning.
- Tip out into your roasting pan and then add in your sausages. I like to lay mine on top and then toss them through with the vegetables halfway through the cooking.
- Cook for approximately one hour. Until everything is cooked through.
- Then it is just a matter of plating it up. Too easy.
Thank you Shelley for having us over on Money Mummy, Lovely to visit you again xx Bel
To see our other amazing winter family meals on a budget:
Click here to see our Veggie Super Food Bowl with Hope from Nanny Shecando
Click here to see our Chicken Noodle Soup with Jodie from Fresh Home Cook
Click here to see our Chicken Pot Pie with Sheridan from Sheridan Anne
Click here to see our Pumpkin Soup with me!!!
If you liked this post you might also like: